My last weekend in Jordan was filled with sun, beaches, coral, beautiful sunsets, jellyfish, racy romance novels, price-gouging taxi drivers, awfully awesome restaurant soundtracks, and some entirely lovely people. I finally got to swim in the Red Sea and did little to no studying for my impending finals. Nothing like going out Aqaba-style.
Now I just have to survive an Arabic language post-test, two finals, a "reorientation" session, and a good amount of packing and then in just over 48 hours I will be on my way to Hamburg. I can't believe how quickly this snuck up on me. I'm beyond excited to visit Europe for the first time, to see five of my favorite people in the world, to be back in my beautiful DC, but I'm so sad to leave the amazing community I've found here. I love looking around at my fusha class and thinking that I'm surrounded by the group of people that one day may solve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict or broker a momentous peace treaty. I love it when my host mom says that she'll miss me (even though I'm sure I'm just another in the litany of American girls that sleep in their spare bedroom). I love cab rides with the neighborhood girls, strawberry-banana-milk smoothies for 1JD, silly evenings in Amigos, long bus trips, and the Jebal Amman rooftop at midnight. Sup feelings, you make these things hard.
Now I just have to survive an Arabic language post-test, two finals, a "reorientation" session, and a good amount of packing and then in just over 48 hours I will be on my way to Hamburg. I can't believe how quickly this snuck up on me. I'm beyond excited to visit Europe for the first time, to see five of my favorite people in the world, to be back in my beautiful DC, but I'm so sad to leave the amazing community I've found here. I love looking around at my fusha class and thinking that I'm surrounded by the group of people that one day may solve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict or broker a momentous peace treaty. I love it when my host mom says that she'll miss me (even though I'm sure I'm just another in the litany of American girls that sleep in their spare bedroom). I love cab rides with the neighborhood girls, strawberry-banana-milk smoothies for 1JD, silly evenings in Amigos, long bus trips, and the Jebal Amman rooftop at midnight. Sup feelings, you make these things hard.
No comments:
Post a Comment