There is one person in Jordan that I spend infinitely more time with than anyone else. Lura, another CIEE student, and I not only live in the same house in the same extended host family, but we also have three of the same classes, split taxis regularly, and generally spend our entire Jordanian lives together. Lucky for me, she is a marvelous human being who puts up with my grumpy morning self and takes my anal retentive tendencies in stride. In the mere month that we've been in Jordan, we've shared experiences ranging from a getting-to-the-university-on-a-sketchy-microbus-that-randomly-starting-going-backwards-on-the-day-of-our-first-Arabic-test adventure to trying to make it look like our plates are full when my host mom implores us to take more food at dinner. She just posted an entry in her own study abroad blog that is a much more insightful summary of our last few days than anything I could come up with myself, so shall leave you with a link and her wise words about the our colloquial Arabic class and the LGBT movement in the Middle East.
No comments:
Post a Comment