Friday, March 4, 2011

Taking on the Interwebs

This week my exciting opinions about the world have been popping up all over the internet.  A friend that I interned with at Save Darfur last semester recently started a blog for women transitioning from college to the "real world" and she asked me to do a guest post on my observations about women in the Middle East.  Check out my thoughts on women and the Arab media over at Fresh Ink.  While you're at it, check out the rest of their blog too!  The authors, Hannah and Caroline, have posted a lot of great insights and advice on everything from careers to fashion to women and politics.

Additionally, a few days ago, I was approached by a friend of a friend back at American University who was writing an article for AWOL (American Way of Life Magazine) about the ongoing pro-union protests in Madison and wanted to find out what AU students from Wisconsin thought about the whole business.  It went live online yesterday too, so take a look at my groundbreaking quotes about my lovely state.

On a more personal note, I made the exciting/terrifying/marvelous discovery yesterday that I have completed more of my degree requirements than I thought, so many that despite my double major and minor I can graduate next December if I want to!  I have absolutely zero desire to graduate early (Pass up taking a semester's worth of elective classes at a prestigious university that are already 2/3 paid for by my scholarship? No way!), but the idea that it is possible is a little terrifying in and of itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment